Friday, April 27, 2012

Weekend decoration tips

As we do have a long weekend here in Belgium, I invited some friends to come over!

So I was browsing into my ‘decoration tips’ file. Since I started blogging I filed a lot of inspirational images which are very helpful whenever I have to create my tablesetting or if I want to redecorate my home bringing in only a few little changes. As I was printing some of the images, I thought that maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea to share them with you.

 

First thing I always think about are flowers! I can’t imagine my house without flowers!

21Source here

 

3 Source here

 

5I love this silver bowl filled with flowers.  Source here

 

4Or this marble mortar filled with roses!  Source here

 

7Even in th kitchen I love to bring in flowers.  Source here

 

6A vase with flowers on the kitchen table.  Source here

 

Not only inside the home, but even outside I love to see decorations with flowers.

9Unfortunately I only have one of these Hermès bags!  Source unknown.

 

2Love this way of decoration.  Source here

 

And the second thing I think about is ‘how to decorate the guests’ powderroom.

31With a touch of flowers and a some candle light. Picture by me

 

29Love this basket filled with soap lathers. Source here

 

32Gorgeous idea!! I need to find these boots!  Source unknown

 

And after this, I love to decorate my bowls and plates with fruit. This is very inviting, isn’t it?

30Source unknown

 

13And I love to see pots and jars filled with herbs, on the kitchen shelves.  Source here

 

And then…the atmosphere bringer : lots of candles! In all variations.

12 Source unknown

 

10Source here

 

14 Source here

 

11Love this!  Source here

 

After all candles are given the right place, I start thinking about redecorating some room corners.

15Ceramic jars and table lamp, wooden spheres and flowers, brought together in a group.  Source unknown

 

16I am going to try to create a still as this here! Gorgeous!  Source here

 

The moment I am satisfied with all this, I start thinking about how to serve the food and how to set my table.

22Apero time!  Source here

 

28 Source unknown

 

One of the most important things to create a succesful tablescape, is the way you display the napkins. Don’t you agree?

What will I do?

17Do you prefer to display them in this way?  Source here

 

25Or this way?  Source here

 

26Or this one with the key! Isn’ t this lovely? I found it at Jermaine’s blog French Kissed.  Source here

 

Die mit Rosenknospen bestickten Hohlsaumservietten werden mit Schleifenband umbunden. Wahlweise werden echte Rosen oder Kuchengabeln mit Rosenmotiv hineingesteckt.<br />Feine Gestecke Ohne Rosen oder Rosenstickerei kommen die Hohlsaumservietten nicht auf den Tisch. Ein hellblaues Schleifenband hält alles zusammen ? Kuchengabeln sind auch mit im BundOr should I go for the roses?  Source here

 

20 Source here

 

And yes of course, candles on the table! Always!

19 Source unknown

 

After dinner, dessert time.

1A dessert tray with strawberries and cookies!  Source unknown

 

8Or a fruit buffet.  Source here

 

27Don’t forget candies for the children.  Source unknown

 

And now it’s time to start cooking!

 

24 Source unknown

It promises to be a succesful evening ! Don’t you think?

 

I wish everyone a wonderful weekend!

xx

Greet

31 comments:

  1. Wat een prachtige foto's, vooral de foto's met al die mooie bloemen en boeketten vind ik geweldig! Ik weet zeker dat jouw gasten heel graag aan tafel willen schuiven, dat wordt vast bijzonder geslaagd!

    Veel plezier en een fijn weekend! Lieve groet, Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my sweet friend,
    You found some gorgeous images! I have never really decorated a beautiful table before, but I am going to a conference next week where I am on the committee to decorate some. Perhaps I should decorate the tables!
    Have a beautiful evening and weekend!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. De servetten met de kransjes van kruiden..een plaatje! En het zal ook zo lekker geuren :)
    Dit weekend staat hier ook een grote schaal met oranje sinaasappels, onze koningin viert haar verjaardag..oranje is de kleur van ons koningshuis.
    Dank dat we mee mogen genieten van je inspirerende afbeeldingen.
    Groeten, Corine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a floral addict....pink, green, white, a hint of purple or blue, but no more than 3 colors at a time for me. Love the loosely fanned napkins w/a spring of a bloom or green tucked in to them. Ahhhh, spring at its best.
    Have a wonderful long weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is all so beautiful and there is so much beauty in the world of decorating . I think the boots are my favorite , I have seen them before for a hefty price

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh so lovely, Greet! Lots of eye candy here and chock full of inspiration to welcome our guests with beauty! Going to copy some ideas, like the key with the napkin and the leaves tied onto the candles. Thanks, Greet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful post! Pinned quite a few of these pics - love the ideas!
    Makes me want to have a party too!
    Have a great weekend,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks to be a beautiful weekend, Greet. Hope all your roses are doing well! Thanks for all the inspiration...XO Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful Greet, Happy weekend. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it makes me want to fly to Belgium! I am a little farther away from you now though. :( What a lovely post Greet - the candlelight, fresh flowers and all those extra details will add up to a wonderful time for your guests! Enjoy... Greetings from Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful - your guests must feel as though they're in heaven! I ADORE the marble basin in your guest powder room - pure perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post, Greet.
    I love the white and green arrangement in your powder room. Simple and lovely.
    Yes, I agree, you need to find those boots!

    Oh and yes! We are going to see Peter and Regine in a couple of weeks!
    We hope to use their pieces in our new home.

    Happy Weekend.

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of prettiness here! When did you say you wanted me to pop over? (:

    Yes, we must find those leather riding boots turned paper tissue holders for you. Every room needs a little bit of humour!

    Happy weekend to you, girlie.

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant.....all of them....and Hermés carry bags as vases.....now that's serious recycling!!!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lot of beautiful ideas...especially love all of the different shaped glasses filled with green candies. So great! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful inspiration, greet, and i love those hermes bag arrangements. i am thinking a mass of tiffany bags would also be stunning!

    love to you, and smiles.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely post .....
    So enjoy your blog!

    Wonderful weekend!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greet all I can say is LUCKY HOUSEGUESTS!! I would love to be staying over at your beautiful home..you know how to treat your guests! I am taking notes and will bookmark this beautiful post. Soooo many beautiful and elegant ideas here!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. whoa! so many great ideas Greet.
    is that your bathroom?? is it so beautiful.

    i have one table that needs rearranging, well two actually. maybe you inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. great ideas Greet! I'm so stealing some of these. especially the one with the candle with the leaves wrapped around it.
    have a lovely weekend
    cheers Fiona
    www.lilyfieldlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Soo pretty, Greet. All of them. Last week-end, I used a bouquet of ranunculus and hydrangeas on the dining room table and daffodils and viburnum in the powder room. Looked great, but then I put a rhubarb crisp in the oven instead of the potato casserole. Luckily, these were good friends so we laughed a lot. With foil on the top, they both looked the same. I should have been paying more attention to the covered dishes and less to the flowers or -- maybe not. We did have fun in a pretty setting.
    Will save your images.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Greet - Flowers and candles: two of my favorites for any home! Enjoy the long weekend!! Cheers from DC, Loi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lots to take in here, notes, ideas, advice, all in one great post. Beautifully displayed for sure, Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Greet, your vision of beauty is beyond beautiful. The colors and textures you capture are just stunning! ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  25. how do you do it greet.......SO MUCH inspiration. makes me want to host guests. lucky you with a long weekend, enjoy
    xoxo
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  26. Greet,
    I am so enamored with each of these images!! The glass hurricanes filled with flowers and candles is something I am going to try!! Your lucky friends...to be in the home of someone who makes such an effort. I know they felt loved!!!

    Have a wonderful week!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  27. Returned back here because its beautiful
    happy spring day


    http://laracroft3.skynetblogs.be
    http://lunatic.skynetblogs.be

    ReplyDelete
  28. Isn't it amazing what flowers and candles can do to a space? Thank you for such a wonderful post. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  29. great inspiration for decorating rooms! I really loved the one with the fruit buffet, lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi found this post through The Enchanted Home. This is amazing. Wow so many beautiful pictures, nothing like fresh flowers to make a room come to life. And I also love candles. You have given me some really great ideas here, thanks and nice to discover your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't believe that the local residents are being racist; they don't want ANYONE to get any closer to their homes...and THEIR park. That is what I feel is the problem developing with Bicentennial Park. laverne plumbing

    ReplyDelete